In the 50's when the council began to receive requests from investors and developers interested in building resorts and urban development in the coastal zone and around current road up to the pueblo. The first one was made by Miguel Galvez of Postigo, who in 1953 built the hotel
Costa del Sol, located in the Avenida Antonio Machado.
The tourist boom came along and the tour operators had the promoters seeking land on which to extend the line of hotels already in Torremolinos. Between 1960 and 1970 many more were built
including the Riviera, Siroco and Triton.
In 1966, Benalmadena had a population of around
In the late 50's the first residential development was constructed on the coastal zone and the health centre was developed by a group of doctors, two named Almansa, Queipo de
Llano, Fernandez and Canillo.
At about this time the beach hotel in Santa Ana was built and in 1964 the La Roca opened.
The construction continued in the area around Solymar (24 hour square) , apartments Pepita, the Alay Hotel, the San Fermin and Palmasol, others followed making it the urban area it has become today.
Construction of the marina then began, designed by Eduardo Oria, but remained paralyzed for years by the ups and downs of the many promoters.
In Arroyo de la Miel the early infrastructure began being developed to allow it to become what is is today. Meanwhile the "Village" sees its new Town Hall, the Municipal Archaeological Museum and in the center of the plaza españa (fountain square), the statue of the "Niña de Pimentel" was installed. The stautue was modelled on the daughter of a fisherman from Almayate, niece of Manolo 'El Petaca', and it was the inspiration for the famous "Cenachero".