Santa Semana (Easter Week)

Recommend your favourites
webmaster
Site Admin

Santa Semana (Easter Week)

Postby webmaster » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:33 am

This is my fifth Santa Semana and although I am not a believer I never fail to be impressed with the way the spanish celebrate the event. The local parades in Arroyo de la Miel are terrific and full of atmosphere. This year on Good Friday we went into Malaga on the train to experience the celebrations 'Malaga style' and were not disappointed up to the point that 'rain stopped play' However we managed to catch three of the processions, had a great tapas meal and watched the attempts of El Rico to leave his temple, but the rain kept him in.
The Tourist office in Malaga had a mobile office where we picked up a brochure that detailed the week. As I have never before managed to sort out the intricacies of the parades and processions I have reproduced it click here and follow the Easter links and will use it myself next year.
Hope you find it useful,

John

webmaster
Site Admin

Re: Santa Semana (Easter Week)

Postby webmaster » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:27 am

Just a quick post to bring this item to the top of the listings, but the weather this year has already caused cancellations and it is threatening to rain all week.
webmaster wrote:This is my fifth Santa Semana and although I am not a believer I never fail to be impressed with the way the spanish celebrate the event. The local parades in Arroyo de la Miel are terrific and full of atmosphere. This year on Good Friday we went into Malaga on the train to experience the celebrations 'Malaga style' and were not disappointed up to the point that 'rain stopped play' However we managed to catch three of the processions, had a great tapas meal and watched the attempts of El Rico to leave his temple, but the rain kept him in.
The Tourist office in Malaga had a mobile office where we picked up a brochure that detailed the week. As I have never before managed to sort out the intricacies of the parades and processions I have reproduced it click here and follow the Easter links and will use it myself next year.
Hope you find it useful,

John

Benalman

Postby Benalman » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:39 am

Here is a new web site with everything you need to know with calendars, routes and explanations - excellent!
http://guiasemanasanta.com/malaga/in/

Return to “Recommended”