Selwo Marina

Recommend your favourites
webmaster
Site Admin

Selwo Marina

Postby webmaster » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:14 pm

In the Paloma Park (Parque de la Paloma) Selwo Marina stages daily dolphin and Sea Lion shows, exotic bird shows and penguins.
Mon - Fri 10:00 - 18:00
Sat - Sun 10:00 - 19:30
Adults 12.90 euros
Children 8.90 euros
Telephone 902 19 04 82

As I am not a fan of "caged" dolphins I have not been to this attraction so can anyone supply a review please?

Resident

Re: Selwo Marina

Postby Resident » Tue May 30, 2006 9:25 am

webmaster wrote:In the Paloma Park (Parque de la Paloma) Selwo Marina stages daily dolphin and Sea Lion shows, exotic bird shows and penguins.
Mon - Fri 10:00 - 18:00
Sat - Sun 10:00 - 19:30
Adults 12.90 euros
Children 8.90 euros
Telephone 902 19 04 82

As I am not a fan of "caged" dolphins I have not been to this attraction so can anyone supply a review please?

We had our grandchildren visiting last week and "did" all of the local attractions and generally acted as holidaymakers. The Selwo Marina was an exceptional day out we arrived late morning (The prices are up on those quoted 15:00 euros for an adult and 10:90 for children, but there are money off vouvhers to be had in all sorts of brochures) You are supplied with a map that includes details of the feeding times and the shows. A sea lion show and dolphin show are held in the main pool/audotorium but there is also an exotic bird show (beautiful McCaw's with various parrots & parakeets) another presentation of snakes & spiders where the children are encouraged to touch the snakes. There is also a brilliant "Antarctic" dome that houses a pool where you can watch the penguins on their ice flow and "flying" underwater - make sure to catch feeding time.
A more sedate Jungle zone and a popular well conceived adventure playground (for the over 8's) make it good value for money. There is also a large self service cafeteria that is reasonably priced, where we lunched between shows not leaving the park until 6:00 pm as it closed. Enjoyed by all,

John

Return to “Recommended”